Sunday 30 October 2011

Target Audience Research

Below is my target audience research. It shows who my target audience is and why I have chosen this age range.

The target audience is very important when it comes to magazines. This is because when you are creating a magazine you need to know what to include in it, therefore you need an age range so you know what they like. You can then put things into the magazine which you know people this age will like; the magazine will then sell more.

Usually the type of people who buy pop magazines are teenagers (aged 12-16). I will then target my magazine at teenagers, hopefully it will sell and people will be interested in it. To make my magazine stand out more to the audience, on the cover the main image will be of a boy band. I have decided to do this because teenage girls like boy bands. This then might make more girls buy the magazine and if they like it, buy it on a regular base.

I will also include interesting features in my magazine which teenagers like at the moment again more people will buy it due to this.

My colour scheme will relate to pop; this will be anchorage as it will pin down the meaning of my central image which I have chosen. I will have a quote from the interview on the front cover in my main colour so when the audience will see the colour they will think of my magazine. The quote will be interesting and exciting so people will pick up the magazine and will want to know more.  

No comments:

Post a Comment