Sunday 30 October 2011

Questionnaire Questions and Reasons

In this lesson the teacher asked us to think of 10 or more questions to relate with our genre which we would give to the public, blow are the questions I asked.

1. How old are you?
                 12           13          14        15        16

2. Who is your favourite pop band?
___________________________________________________________________________

3. Why do you like this band?
___________________________________________________________________________

4. What are your three favourite colours?
___________________________________________________________________________

5. What three words would you relate with the pop genre?
___________________________________________________________________________

6. What would make you buy a pop magazine?
                  Interesting band       Buzz words        Colours        Pictures        Free stuff      Stories     Other

7. How often do you buy pop magazines?
                 Once a week     Once a month      Yearly      Occasionally      Never

8. Which pop magazine do you buy the most?
                  Top of the Pops      We Love Pop      Pop

9. Why do you buy this magazine the most?
___________________________________________________________________________

10. Would you be more interested in buying a magazine with an exclusive story rather than one which did not?
                  Yes     No      Maybe

11.   How much money would you be willing to spend on a magazine?
                  £1-£2      £3-£4      £5 or more


Here I then had to explain why I chose the questions, blow are the reasons.

For my first question I asked ‘how old are you?’ This was a closed question. This question will help me to know exactly how old most of the teens are who would buy my magazine therefore I could make it more appealing to them.

My next question I asked ‘who is your favourite pop band?’ This question will allow me to see who the teens like at this moment in time; I will then make my cover story about them. This would mean that more teens would buy the magazine as their favourite pop band/person is on the cover.

The third question I asked was ‘why do you like this band?’ By asking this question I will find out why the band is appealing to the target audience and will then include similar reasons in my biography about them.

The next question was ‘what are your three favourite colours?’ This question will help me to pick my main colours on the front cover, this will then appeal to them more as I have used the colours they like the most.

I then asked ‘what three words would you relate with the pop genre?’ Here I am hoping to get the words fun, dancing and bands. Fun is what I would like to make my magazine so more people will buy it, dancing is what people do to good music so I will have bands/people who sing good music and bands are what I will have in the magazine.

My sixth question was ‘what would make you buy a pop magazine?’ This was also a closed question where the answers were interesting band, buzz words, colours, pictures, free stuff, stories and other (people could choose more than one). This would help me with my magazine because I would know why they would buy a magazine. For example if they chose pictures I would have lots of good pictures on the front of the magazine which would tell the audience that there are more good ones inside.

The next question I asked was ‘how often do you buy pop magazines?’ Once again this is a closed question with the answers; once a week, once a month, yearly, occasionally and never. Here I am hoping most people to circle once a month so they would be ok with the magazine only being printed once a moth.

I then asked ‘which pop magazine do you buy the most?’ This was a closed question with the answers; Top of the Pops, We Love Pop and Pop. When I find out which magazine they buy the most of I can look at that magazine more in depth so I can make my magazine similar to that.

I then asked ‘why do you buy this magazine the most?’ They will then tell me why they like the magazine more than the others, this will then help me with my magazine as I will know why they like the pop magazines.

The tenth question I asked was ‘would you be more interested in buying a magazine with an exclusive story rather than one which did not?’ Even I will still include my exclusive with a band it would be good to know if the target audience like exclusives more than non-exclusives.

The last question I asked here was ‘how much money would you be willing to spend on a magazine?’ This was a closed question, the asweres they could choose from were; £1-£2, £3-£4 and £5 or more. Most people would like a cheap magazine however in order for the magazine to be good it will have to be a little bit pricy. I am expecting more people to circle £1-£2 however I have already decided that the magazine will cost £2.99. 

No comments:

Post a Comment